Thursday, March 26, 2009

WHY ME???????

Things have been going well for us lately(a little to well). Cordale is doing so good. He doesn't have to go to therapy any more and they are weaning him off his medicine. So that has freed up a lot of my time. Also, my work has been really slow. So I found I had some free time on my hands(finally). So I got all my scrapbook stuff out to finally start my kids scrapbooks that I haven't been able to do yet. I also, was released from Nursery back in December and have only been a substitute teacher for primary since and haven't been needed a whole lot. Anyway, I think Heavenly Father decided my life was just to easy right now and that I needed it to be more challenging. (and boy he did it this time) I was called to be the 1st counselor in the Relief Society(SCARY!!!!!!). I have received so many mixed emotions since they called me. At one moment I am excited about something new for me and then I get really scared and then I keep asking "Why me?" there are so many other MORE qualified women out there. Anyway, when Bro. Christensen asked me if I would be in the RS, I hesitated for a minute because I was shocked. For one, the presidency hadn't been in there very long so I didn't have any idea they were already rearranging the presidency. Then I thought to myself, Why Me? I can't do this. I know nothing about the RS because I have always been in the primary. Then about that time, I got this overwhelming warm feeling come over me and I knew that Bro. Christiansen felt it as well and I knew this is what Heavenly Father wants me to do. So there was no way I could say no. Since then, I have been unable to get this off my mind and still trying to figure out "Why me?" I may never know, but for now I think this calling is more for me then anyone. It is a motivation for me to become the person I should be. All my life I thought the RS presidency was always older women that were very righteous and are to set an example for the other ladies in the ward. Well, this tells me I must be old now and I definitely need to make changes so I can fulfill the (righteous example) part. Don't get me wrong, in some areas I do pretty well, but in other areas I need major improvement. Anyway, I hope I don't let anyone down(especially myself).